On Dec 19 , after reading an article by John Rampton, Why most colleges dont teach Internet Marketing , I tweeted & copied Coursera Founder , Prof Andrew Ng , whose lecture I attended at one of the IBM Education conference.
.@johnrampton great write up. The solution is to offer #DigitalMarketing as a #MOOC http://t.co/B6FYRQV083 cc @AndrewYNg #education Dec 19, 2014
Exactly, within 15 days , I received a revert from Vishal Sachdev, Director @ Univ of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, that solution I proposed has been implemented.
RT @vishalsachdev: @rucsb Solution implemented @uiucbusiness and @coursera https://t.co/c6Z2Xj3bq5 cc @johnrampton @AndrewYNg Jan 04, 2015
Such is the power of internet, when information flows freely without boundaries of hierarchy or power.
Reminds me of New clue From Cluetrain Manifesto ( Source- Doc Searls and David Weinberger) – On the Net, we are the medium. We are the ones who move messages. We do so every time we post or retweet, send a link in an email, or post it on a social network.
Digital Marketing course starts in April 2015, for all those who care about Digital and Marketing stuff.
Image courtsey : Abhijit Bhaduri
My 2 cents –
Abhijit, I am glad you wrote this article. High time that CXOs onboard the Social media flight as you aptly mentioned concept of Leadership is evolving. Leaders like yourself who walk the talk are perfect role models when it comes to Social Media Adoption. Some would take to the new medium as fish to water . The authentic ones are out there, participating & shaping up conversations about their Brand . While others (risk averse) are still mulling over pros & cons , they may require Coaching & Handholding. I discovered an article which would interest you, it represents an interesting picture of engaged CEOs on Social Media .
Ranking of the Top 60 CEOs on Social Media
1. No man ever listened himself out of a job. As a step 1, participate in Social Computing as an active listener .
2. Start small , move some of your work activities which require maximum collaboration to online social spaces.
3. Build digital eminence.
4. Invest time first and derive value later.Like real world relationships, in any social networking platform , it takes time to build online relationships.Be genuine, be caring. Start with how you can contribute to your network .Grow your network through influence.
5. Share your expertise, experience and insights and learn from your Social network .
6. Social Computing is by design a Q2 activity. ( Not urgent but important activity ) , refer to Stephen Covey time management matrix. Effective people like to spend time in Q2 quadrant, which is the quadrant of effectiveness.
7. Begin with end in mind. Stay focused on your goals. Collaborate and Socially network for a reason.
8. Digital eminence is the currency you build today to en cash in future.
9. Remember KISS formula. Keep it simple , stupid. Don’t spread yourself too thin trying to be omnipresent on all social networks. Plan what works for you.
10. Wish everyone in my present and future network a Happy Social Computing journey ! Stay networked , Stay Happy !