1. Catch ’em young. (Newcomers )
2. Learn how to fish ( What we won’t teach you but expect you to learn )
3. The Art ~ not to loose sight of “People Equation ” while managing business
4. The perpetual debate ~ Great Managers /Leaders are born or made ? Fit versus Flexibility approach
5. Plenty of opportunities ~ ~ Globally connected people’s economy
key skill required ~ Imagination
6. Let’s talk beyond compensation – what motivates ~ Autonomy, Mastery, Purpose ( Daniel Pink’s video on Ted Talk – surprising truth about motivation )
7. Chuck the 3 year 5 year Career plan .Allow room for new experiences, improvisation and serendipity .
8. Belongingness ? ~ Join communities of interest to stay current on an industry
9. Mantra for success – Don’t be shy to ask for help , Volunteer to share your expertise , Help a newbie Succeed, Professional giveback .
10. Leaders are not afraid to follow. Be both a follower & a Leader.