An open letter to India HR Professionals
Then why do Telecommuting roles are less common in India Corporate Inc ?
Talented candidates are seeking Flexi roles and Millenials want Career choices.
Diversity is a business imperative across all organizations. Organizations are loosing out on diverse talent pool by not providing Flexi work options through HR policies.
This open letter is a general appeal to HR professionals to consider the business case of Telecommuting in the context of your business, do through fact finding, evaluate and go through an informed decision making wrt Telecommuting. Whether you are a recruiter, mid level hr professional, senior or C level Executive, you all play an important role to define the Culture of India Corporate Inc. HR Expert and Thought Leader Abhijit Bhaduri says Work from home has been increasing as an acceptable way of working rather than a perk.
Ask yourself few pertinent questions
1. Am I thoroughly informed wrt Decision making for telecommuting ?
2. What role does Telecommuting play to influence the corporate culture in my organization ?
3. Do I need to influence the stakeholders in my organization ?
4. What does my business gain by tapping into untapped & Diverse Talent pool ?
5. Is my workplace inclusive and diverse ? In what ways can I ensure diversity at my workplace ?
6. What Skillset do I need to equip my managers with to ensure Telecommuting roles are a success in my organization ?
7. Am I leading a 21st century organization ? Is the business culture of my organization suitable for candidates who seek out Flexi work options ?
What cultural changes at workplace do I need to pursue ?
9. What do we do to make organizations engaging for Millenials who want Career choices ? 74% Millenials want Flexi work schedules
. The burden of lost productivity to disengaged workforce
is immense and impacts us all. 78% Leaders rate engagement and retention urgent and important according a Deliotte Global Human Capital Trends research.
10. Would this move build credibility for HR professionals in the Industry, with the business, amongst its stakeholders ?
11. Am I creating a culture which makes my workplace well designed to be recognized as ” Future of workplace” ?
In India, I am aware of two startups – PlugHR
who work with Corporates for Flexi work options . Seek their counsel. Talk to Industry HR experts where Telecommuting is a norm.
Look forward to hear your thoughts, concerns and comments.