Read the insightful article first by my Friend & Thought Leader Gautam Ghosh
on People Matters
The concept of “Employer Brand” has undergone a dramatic change in recent times. Content is shaping how people find and connect with each other. Organizations now have to become content creators to remain relevant. They cannot rely on external media—paid or earned—alone. They have to invest in creating “owned media”. For an employer brand this means media that showcases the organization’s culture in the form of articles, presentations, videos on the websites, LinkedIn company pages, Facebook pages, Twitter accounts and YouTube channels. This is necessary as otherwise the average Joe will only see the reviews and ratings from employees and alumni on a wide variety of subjects ranging from culture to salaries to interviews on sites like Glassdoor.
Lets fully understand the depth and scope of Recruitment Branding role to be able to equip people with the right resources and budgets to make a difference.It is a mamooth task of ” Making Company as the Employer of Choice” in the Talent Market which requires Budgets and Resources. Recruitment Branding has been gaining traction and I assume there is shortage of Talent, and the “Experts” in the Market. We have prgressive HR Professionals who continually reinvent themselves & invest time to acquire New Age skills ( Design Thinking, Social Media Marketing, Storytelling) Let me debrief what is Recruitment Branding.
I hope some #Sketchnoter would attempt to make a Visual Sketchnote
out of these thoughts .
Project Deliverables on
Recruitment Branding + Social Media Management + Digital Social Assets Management + Content Marketing + Influencer Marketing + Branding Campaigns + Contests + Event Promotions + Advertisements + Careers pages management + Digital Branding + Blog Management + Social Influenced Recruiting + Social Listening
1. Recruiters may or may not focus on Applications on ATS received through FB + Linkedin + Careers site. Currently not tracked on no. of ATS apps processed.
2. All Recruiters are not Social or Digital Savvy .
3. Mobile recruitment – in initial stages , yet to evolve
Talent Community – Recruiters lack community management skills
4. Recruiters need basic education to Spruce up their Linkedin & Social profiles and become Digitally Savvy.
Marketplace trends –
SMAC disrupting Recruitment & HR –
Are Recruiters ready and prepared yet, Equipped with new age skills ?
Hunters and Farmers in Recruiting similar to Sales Model . ( Sourcing teams in place)
Talent communities as source of Talent pool / Talent pipeline
Conversations has shifted to online platforms – – candidates are talking about your brand, culture, hiring experience on Glassdoor / Facebook
Communication Gaps with candidates in Hiring Process , if addressed provide better Candidate Experience.
Social Networks as the conduit for Human to Human Marketing / Influence the Marketplace conversations in favor of your Brand
Employee Advocacy – Employees , Recruiters & Leaders as primary Talent Ambassadors who represent your Brand on Digital platforms
Next Steps –
1. Employee Advocacy
– Employees and Recruiters as Talent Brand Ambassador – Tools like Elevate from Linkedi
n & Meddle it
will help meet rubber on the road.
2, Influencer Marketing – Identify Influencers from the Business for Talent attraction . Thats why collaboration with Marketing is utmost important.
3 Campaign Examples- #ADayintheLife Campaign , #WhyIloveIBM Campaign, #WomenatIBM Campaign , #MyLifeatCapgemini, #AdobeLife.
4 . Strategic approach to Campus Branding to Influence & Attract Top Talent
( Leveraging Insights from Linkedin Talent surveys)
6. Social Listening
– Is Talent even engaging or experiencing your Employer Brand ? or do they experience the Employer Brand mainly through Recruiters who may or may not have the full understanding of EVP ( Employer Value Proposition). Is your EVP Employer Value Proposition clearly defined ? Brand storytelling is about why your company exists and who your customers are , who you really are and what value you provide to internal and external customers 10 Foundational Elements of Successful Brand Storytelling
7. KPIs – Social Influenced Hires, Employer of Choice award / Linkedin Talent Suvery / Glassdoor Employer survey / Candidate Experience / Social Listening, Offer to acceptance ratio